Friday, December 4, 2009

"Hey this is my...ummm friend..?"



The dreaded title. The reluctant labeling of a "bond" between 2 people. Why so scared? Usually, men. I never understood why men were so scared of a title. I can date someone, be spoiled, be treated right and be the only person with his attention yet he doesn't want to commit. I don't get it. Then as some sort of rebuttal men tend to say, "nothing will change if you're my girlfriend." well hello! what the hell is the point of us NOT having a title??

I understand there are issues. Baggage from past relationships. Possibly other women in the picture. I may not be the right girl. Or you simply do NOT want a relationships which is fine BUT if that's the case don't treat me and you as an us. Don't expect anything. But if you are investing emotions and want me to do the same but without a title then...

How can you expect me to fully throw myself into you? The "talking" phase is a gray area. The "maybe" of relationships. No female wants to "talk" for months and months on end and get nothing out of it. There is a point where things should elevate. With the title comes respect. I'm YOUR girl. Everybody knows it and they gonna have to respect that. If I'm not your girl there is nothing. No sense of entitlement. No expectations. No reason for me to look forward to anything with "us" (except a relationship of course). But without a title I AM/WILL NOT DEVOTE ALL OF ME TO YOU! Not doing it. Too risky. I may like you a lot and may feel myself falling for you but as a defense mechanism I will push you away. Because I don't want to fall for someone that can't do something as simple as making a commitment. I don't care how much you like me. All that means nothing. Everything with us is based off hopes and I don't want to do couple things in hopes of actually being a couple. That's stupid. I deserve more. Wait too long and eventually I'll just walk away from the situation itself...T minus 5...4...3....