Lately, I've been paying attention to things going on around me and I notice that i know some SELFISH NIGGAS! Just downright ungrateful! Not only on a person level (ie: I buy you things you REALLY need [want] yet you think you can treat me any kind of way) but also on business and social levels. I want this. I want that. Then when you get it, it's "I don't like this. I'm not happy with that.::pout::" What's the real sense of it? Why is it that the people who don't have anything are the ones that are so persnickety? (<--Yes that's a real word) Why do they feel like the world owes them something? If anything, YOU OWE ME!! You have opportunity! Way more than what you think and you let it pass you by because you have a bitch fit. Because something isn't done how you want it to be done. Or you simply just want to do it your way when you don't even know what you're getting into. Acting like a spoiled brat. But what have YOU put in in comparison to the people around you? What about what people invested in you? Trying to help YOU? Especially the people who aren't guaranteed to reap the benefits of any type of success you may have but yet are still there supporting you. Feeding you. Giving you rides. Listening to your problems--CORRECTION: Listening to you whine! I don't understand it. I would feel indebted to people if I were ever in that position. Yes, I've been blessed financially (don't confuse that with rich or "well off." I'm still broke) enough to not have to ask any of my friends for money. Ever. But if I ever had to do that, I wouldn't turn around and be unthankful. There's a line. One side are the words grateful, appreciative, and thankful accompanied with meaning. On the other side are the same words. And that's the problem. They're just words. You say it becuase it's cliche. You've said it so much that it doesn't mater. Things like that equal a slap in the face to everyone that actually gives a damn. Makes people give up. Frustrated. Leaves people baffled. I know I am. About a lot of things.
I'm so sick of this trend. Beggars can't be choosers...or can they? I admit, I fall victim more than sometimes. I'm so giving and caring and I give even though I know I won't have that "fullfilled" feeling afterward because in the next hour or two I'm probably going to be in the process of fighting the urge to slap the person that I "helped." But I'm going to blame myself for being a good person and not being selfish. My bad. With that being said I'm changing my ways. Changing for the better for me and for the worst for you. Watch me do it overnight! <--HAHA.
Now for those of you who read this and get that tingly feeling as you feel anger rise or you feel your stomach drop because you feel like you're on blast, realize I mentioned no names or no specific situations. If you get those feelings then you're guilty. Maybe you should look at yourself and the things you do....or don't do for a better choice of words.
-Shanti
