Saturday, April 24, 2010

Expect the Worst & Hope for the Best


I'm baaaaaaack!!!! I chilled on the blog because a certain someone I was dating had a problem with it. He basically wanted me to alter everything I did and how I operated...in other words change my lifestyle not for him but for someone in his past. Crazy right? Yea, it is. Can't and won't compromise myself. I have thoughts dammit and I don't trust people so I let my fingers and a computer relieve me. If you enjoy it, thanks. If not, oh well. with that being said...

2010 and men!!! I've compiled a mental list of red flags. Once a man does ANY of these, I don't trust him. I call it my Bullshit List:

  1. He does EVERYTHING (ex con turned fire fighter, student, masseuse, preacher etc)
  2. He says all the right things. Translation = I'ma say what you want to hear to make you feel comfortable and trust me.
  3. You don't go out in public. Ever. Always "chillin" at the house
  4. He wakes up one day and randomly hates you and comes back when you stop paying him any attention.
  5. He and his friends are collectively known as (insert name here)
  6. He gives you a blunt or some shots but doesn't take any himself.
  7. He blatantly does things you would deem disrespectful but makes it seem minor.
  8. He wants a relationship out of the blue and is so serious about you...the whole 2 weeks that it lasts.
  9. He keeps talking after you've told him you don't believe a thing he says (trust is the most important thing for a liar to have).
  10. He throws out "what if" scenarios all the time. Ex: What if I slept with your friend?
  11. Females that you've never seen in your life get furious when they see you.
  12. He's an Atlanta native.
  13. His facebook and Twitter make him look like two different people.
Do I get upset? Naw, because I expect the worst and hope for the best. I expect these things so it doesn't get to me. Do I Deal with it? Mentally, never. I don't dwell on useless things. 2nd hand? Yes, if I want to be cool with him. I mean why not? It's all entertainment at the end of the day. I smile and let it add on to my ego because once AGAIN, I was right: