
Scenario: two people are in a relationship and one is getting a lil sidetracked so before anything happens they TEMPORARILY end the relationship.
Purpose: it eliminates cheating, gives the other person time to "gather" themselves.....and simply because it's the right thing to do.....right???!??
I used to think I understood this concept but apparently I don't. People always say they'd rather be broken up with versus being cheated on but it seems as if the break up does more damage. Then they go into this psychological meltdown where they feel like they've been dumped because the other person was better or they weren't needed in the relationship when that's not the case at all. It's has always been considered the "right" thing to do but the outcome is always wrong. They end up scorned or bitter and contain the feeling of revenge. They never let it go and it makes you think, "Damn maybe I shoulda cheated."
It's wrong but it's easier. Then there are no broken hearts (if they don't find out), the heartache is eliminated, and both parties are happy. It's a lose lose situation. If you cheat you'll be fine and just have to deal with it being on your conscience and if you break up with EVERY intention of getting back together, you have to deal with the hurt, the pain, and the guilt for something society calls the RIGHT thing. I don't get it. So is it cheating even though you're being honest about the situation from the start? Or is it the fact that you gave into temptation? Matters of the heart are uncontrollable right? You can't help if you develop a crush and it grows even though you still love that person you're in the relationship with but in the end who wins...??? ::shrugs:: guess it's something I'll think about for the rest of my life....
She Shine
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
What's "right???"
Posted by A{dot}Shine at 1:11:00 PM